Corsair Community

Question

SkylineGTR

I have an Abit AV8. Just tried a 2x512 (cannel 1&2)version 5.1 and a 2x512 (channel3&4)version 5.2 and the mobo reads it fine. POSTs and boots but resets in windows.

Went onto the Abit forums and read around on the mobo i have and memory troubles. Some say you have to lax it to DDR333 depending on the CPU. Others say you have to set it to 2T for it to work properly. I am going to do some further tweaking and testing to find out if it works because apparently all of my memory is recognized and now I am at a mobo stage of having 4 DIMMS in problems.

• 3 weeks later...

in situations like this I wish people that wanna upgrade there memory, could send back thier current pair and get all 4 modules of the same revision sent to them by corsair directly. But I know Corsair would lose alot of money over this.

Memory always has a lifetime warranty so it could be possible.

No. The warranty covers replacing the memory w/ the same revision as was sent in, however as in any business, Customer Care sometimes can override such rules.

In otherwords, they only have to replace them w/ the same revision, but if their customer care so chooses, they may go above and beyond (NOT guaranteed).

Like it was previously stated, if they guaranteed matching revisions in the future, they'd lose a lot of money, and fast. In the end, they are a business.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest if you get an RMA you do it for all of your modules and ask customer service if they can match them for you. But this is not a warranty issue, so they dont have to do that.

Archived