Corsair Community

Cmx512-3200llpt

apt87

Hello,

I purchased a stick of cmx512-3200LLPT from Newegg.com about 3 years ago. On newegg's website, it was advertised as being able to run at 2-2-2-6 latency. The sticker label on the ram also says 2-2-2-6 latency. I paid quite a bit extra money thinking that.

I just found out on your website, it says this stick only runs at 2-3-2-6. I've been running at that speed for 3 years now with no problems and this entire time, I thought it was the motherboard that wouldn't let me do 2-2-2. And now I feel as if I didn't get what I paid for. What are my options?

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

my previous setup:

abit nf7-s

2500+ barton

i ran at 2500+ speed (1.8 ghz) 333 fsb

memory ran 400 mhz at 2-3-2-6

I had to manually change the timings. If I set memory to SPD, it would boot but wasn't stable using Prime95.

I tried both optimal and aggressive settings, both gave the same results.

current setup:

ecs nforce3-a

a64 3000+

running at stock speed 2.01 ghz

mem clock at 200 timings 2-3-2-6

all settings are default except timings.

results are identical to previous setup. if i leave mem clock/timings on auto, it'll boot but with errors.

it's actually kinda annoying. because every time i reset the bios or get a new motherboard, i have to put in another stick of ram first to manually change the settings to make it stable on default/factory settings. i can't just pop it in..

Archived