Corsair Community

Are the two compatible?

Sylvester

Hello,

I am interested in getting TWINX1024-3200CS memory but when I looked at your Corsair Configurator search engine to see if it compatible with my MB (Gigabyte K8N-SLI), I couldnt even find my MB in the list.

I did see K8N-PRO-SLI or K8N-ULTRA-SLI and both work with TWINX1024-3200CS. does this mean my motherboard (Gigabyte K8N-SLI) wouldn't work with this specific memory model because its not in the list?

Would appreciate if anyone can help me find out

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Wired,

The only difference I know of between my MB and the Pro version is that the Pro one has Firewire.

I'm surprised they don't list my MB in the configurator but thanks for clearing it up, just wanted to be sure there wouldn't be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the memory and its installed in my PC for the second day now. it seems to be OK but just one question. when checking in SisSandra information program, it shows that the speed is 2x201MHz (402MHz date rate) for both sticks. since the memory is 400MHz, shouldn't it be 2X402MHz (804MHz date rate)?? 400MHz for each memory stick. (Pic below)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1622/memory0tr.jpg

No I'm not planning on OC'ing so thats not going to be a factor. I would have thought that if for example I bought just one 512MB stick 400MHz then it would run at 400MHz. therefore 2 sticks like this should be 800MHz. that was my understanding anyway, unless I should changed something in the BIOS.

I finally ran memtest 1.65 last night for 11 hours and 27 passes.

It said errors: 0

My question really, is why does it always say (at the top right) "Testing: 108K - 1024M 1024M" - throughout all the test process it never changed. does this mean it only tested the 108K part? also I would have thought the test is more thourough and would take longer but to complete one pass took about 20 min' (8 tests).

Here is a little screenshot I took (don't pay attention to the runtime, i only re-ran it to take the pic). its kind of blurry but you can still see. just click on the link below to view the pic:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7382/icam01099uk.jpg

Archived