Corsair Community

2GB SD 133x Performance

icec

I'm having trouble getting the full performance out of my new 2GB 133x SD card. I think it may be a problem with my reader, though. The read speed seems to be capped at around 8MB/s. I've tried removing all of the other USB devices, but that did not fix the problem. Any suggestions?

378355236_CMFSD133performance.png.cade1b4f62284834d588aff3a29cca82.png

1040796907_CMFSD133performance2.png.e618886588ab946aed5bdf55fb4a0a34.png

• Corsair Employees
I would see if you can test the card in another card reader to be sure, but I would tend to agree it may be the reader. You might also check with the card reader manufacturer to be sure if there is not a firmware or driver update that might help this.

I'm having trouble getting the full performance out of my new 2GB 133x SD card. I think it may be a problem with my reader, though. The read speed seems to be capped at around 8MB/s. I've tried removing all of the other USB devices, but that did not fix the problem. Any suggestions?

There are very few readers on the market that will actually hit 20 mb's. The fastest off the shelf reader I have seen is a P-Q-I 9-in-1 that will do 13 mb's. I have seen one reader from a OEM hit 21 mb's, a MotionFlash 23-in-1. I have never found it for sale in the US though.

Archived