Corsair Community

2048Mb XMS3200C2

Zypher

I recently bought some of this ram upgrading from my 1Gb of 4400C25, after I changed the memory over I would get random bsods and computer restarts when running demanding tasks. I took it back and the store replaced what I had bought with the latest rev 2.2, having tried to give me the old stuff in the first place, but after plugging in this new ram I seem to still get the crashes. This says to me that there isn't anything wrong with the ram but more likely the motherboard settings.

At the moment I have a DFI LPUT NF4 SLI DR Expert, I have been trying to get everything working at just stock timings and frequencies at the moment but have still been having trouble. I was just wondering if there was any default settings on this motherboard that would be causing these kind of problems.

FYI revision does not mean when they are made. They could make 6.1 this week, and 1.4 the next week. I'm assuming you're replacing the 4400C25 and not adding to it, correct?

Try these timings (AFTER resetting the BIOS via the onboard jumper):

Corsair XMS Qualification and Testing Information

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.7x Volts (warrantied up to, bu not over, 2.90 volts)

All other settings to defaults.

I set the ram to all the settings on the testing parameters, at 2.79v and 2.5 CAS because I use an amd, however, I could not find anything labelled "SDRAM Bank Interleave". When I ran the system up I still received crashes.

I am replacing not adding to the 4400C25, and all other bios settings involving the ram are set to default, I am not doing any overclocking at this point, I'm just trying to get it stable on standard settings.

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB (download the Beta version) and load optimized defaults settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

TwinX512 or Twinx1024-3200Xl

Genie BIOS/DRAM Configuration

DRAM Frequency Set: 2:1 or 400MHz or 200 (if option are 133/166/200)

Command per Clock: Enabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

And leave the rest at AUTO setting

Genie BIOS

FSB BUS Frequency: 200

LDT/FSB Frequency ratio: 5X

LDT Bus Transfer Width: 16 16

CPU/FSB Frequency ratio: Auto

PCI Ex: 100

K8 cool N’ quiet: Disable

CPU VID Start Up Value: 1.55 (Depends on CPU Core)

CPU VID Control: 1.55 (Depends on CPU Core)

CPU VID Special Control: Auto

Chipset Voltage Control: 1.6

DRAM Voltage Control: 2.7

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived