Corsair Community

Corsair PC4000PT, has it gone bad?

Nemrah

Hi!

Before I send my ram kit to the RMA department of the store where I bought this kit, I'd like to know whether I'm doing something wrong.

Alright, as in the title I've got the 2gb Corsair pc4000pt kit, rated at ddr 500 at 3-4-4-8.

My motherboard is a DFI and I've got a 4400+ processor. To test stability, I used the built-in memtest with the 9x250 setting with, ofcourse, 3-4-4-8 1T timings, 2.8Vdimm. I let it run for an hour and memtest came up with 5 or 6 errors, I don't remember anymore.

Is there something I should be aware of or am I missing something? Or is just simply not functioning correctly? The ram is seated in the orange (2 & 4th) slots, dual channel.

Thanks a lot!

Nemrah

• Corsair Employees
Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be dependant on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this setting up on http://www.rojakpot.com and get a better explanation. I would test the system at 2t and see if you get the same results, and try and increase your CPU and cchipset voltage as well.

Archived