Corsair Community

A tale of two VS512MB400s

Rigel

Greetings.

I purchased a pair of VS512MB400s from Newegg several months ago to go along with a new motherboard and processor, installed them, and everything was dandy (albeit a bit slow). Then I noticed that my FSB was underclocked.

In essence, everything was running at half speed. My CPU, the RAM was in single channel mode, etc.

I cranked everything up to its operating parameters, and was overjoyed, until I began to bluescreen (amongst other strange things).

To make a long story short, as long as the FSB is at the motherboard's lowest possible setting, I can run both sticks in dual channel mode with no problems at all. However, this gimps my CPU (runs at 1200 instead of 2000).

At long last, I decided to run windows memory checker on both sticks individually, and what I thought was a motherboard problem looks like a RAM problem - one stick passes with flying colors, the other is terribly faulty. I would like an RMA on the faulty RAM, if you please.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Archived