Corsair Community

TwinX1024 3200 XL PRO Compability problem?

Dalton Sleeper

Hi!

The problems are that the memory doesn't work with 1T (errors in memtest, crash in PCMark) at default speed and I can't change cas over 2 because the system doesn't boot.

Well, the 1T (command rate?) setting does work without errors in memtest but only after I changed a memory setting in bios from 3 (auto) to 6 but PCMark04 crashes either way on "8MB Write" and a huge performance drop in Everest Benchmark. Anyway, PCMark and memtest works great with 2T (command rate) and I managed to overclock to 237 (474) att 10-3-3-2-11-14 1:1 with the strange setting at 6, at 3 i managed to 218 (436) with the same timings. So, the problems are that I can't run with 1T stable and I can't change to another cas value than 2 or the system wont boot, Any ideas?

• Corsair Employees

I would suggest you set the command Rate to 2t with the CPU you are using.

Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be dependant on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this setting up on http://www.rojakpot.com and get a better explanation.

Ok, any ideas why i can't change the cas.

Updated:

My brother have an X2 4400+ and the same mobo but with different memory (kingston), he can't run 1T but he can change the cas over 2. It seems to be a memory/mobo problem because my ADATA BH-5 works with cas 2,5.

Archived