Corsair Community

Received Bad Rma Parts!

GreenBean

A few days ago we received a 1 GByte TwinX Matched Memory Pair for my sons computer.I did not have time to install them until last night!

I put them in my computer to test them first (with a Anti-ESD wrist strap) and I got nothing but BSOD.

My son is very disapointed, because now he doesnt have his computer for most likely another 2 to 3 weeks! I might give him one of my 1 gig sticks until this can be taken care of!

Can you please issue me another RMA as soon as you can?

On my computer at the time, everything was set to default, P4 3.2EE @ stock speed on Abit IC7-G MAX2 with bios v28, memory @ SPD 3-4-4-8 @ 2.6v.

After the first attempt, I then put my memory in and everything was good. So I set the timings to 2-3-3-6 @ 2.6v.Then removed my memory and put the new memory back in and was welcomed with 8 error beeps from the motherboard! I then removed one stick at a time and found that one stick is DEAD (REAL DEAD!).

There is no running memtest on this stuff, it wont even boot to anything but black screen with 8 error beeps or BSOD @ 2.8v. I dont know what else to tell you other than it never mad it's way to my son computer.

Archived