Corsair Community

Asus A8N-SLI Prmeium and Twinx2048-3200

Deihmos

I bought the Twinx2048-3200ctpt and I changed the memory timings to 2-3-3-6 and voltage to 2.75. WHen I play Battlefield 2 it crashes to the desktop without an error. I read the memory is not stable at 2.0 with AMD boards so I am wondering why is it advertised at 2-3-3-6 ?

When I change the timing to 2.5 it does not crash. Is this problem specific to my board or is it a problem with battlefield 2?

I did and Battlefield still crashes to the desktop. The only way i can prevent it from crashing is changing the latency to 2.5. I searched around and it seems this problem happens to many people.

Does anone know what is the optimum settings for this RAM with the Asus A8N-SLI Premium? i didn't OC or anything.

I got the same board but don't use this memory (see specs). My settings with the memory I use are 2-2-2-5-1T timings. Maybe this gives you some reference.

Btw don't you have any problems with this nForce4 chipset and playing BF2? And more people having problems with this!!!! The most common problems are connection probs. Were trying to sort things out like knowing which nForce4 drivers work the best in combination with nVidia graphic drivers for example. Would you pls let me know what your experience is? And if you would take the effort to post some explanation on the NVidia forums in the nForce mobo thread that would be awesome!!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

Archived