Corsair Community

Bad Twinx Module - RMA in Germany?

INeedHelp

Hi! I bought a pair of Twinx CMX512-3200C2PT modules (XMS3202v1.5) in the United States about a year ago.

Unfortunately I experienced problems with my computer lately, since I got more and more CRC errors while decompressing ZIP files or copying from CD.

Thus, I tested the memory modules with memtest86+ and found out that one of them is defective. The other one works fine and tested okay.

I would like to have them replaced, but I live in Germany now and do not want to send them back to the US for RMA. I would appreciate if I could have them replaced in Germany. Is there a way to do that?

Additionally, I cannot use my computer without the modules, because they are the only ones I have. Is it possible to get a replacement before I send them in?

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I use a Gigabyte GA-7N400-L mainboard (nForce2 chipset) with an AMD Athlon 2500+ (1800MHz) CPU. I do not overclock my system and never did.

Bios settings are:

- Memory Frequency: 333MHz (I also tried 400MHz and "by SPD")

- DIMM OverVoltageControl: Normal (I also tried +0.1V and +0.2V)

I have tried to use the bad module in three different computers so far and it always failed the test with memtest86+. Hence, I am sure that it is defective and that it's not a BIOS problem or something else (moreover the second module worked fine in all computers).

Please tell me if it is possible to have the part replaced in Germany without sending it to the US.

Thanks for your help.

Archived