Corsair Community

Dell B110 compatibile with VS1GBKIT400?

In2Photos

I bought a 2GB kit and was shipped the wrong item but my dad just ordered a Dell B110 and I thought that he could just use this memory. It is a VS1GBKIT400 which contains 2-VS512MB400. The Corsair memory configurator only shows CMSS512MB400. Here are the specs on his B110:

P4 2.8 GHz 533FSB

256MB DDR400 RAM

160GB HDD

I don't have specifics as it has not been delivered yet, but if he can use it I won't send it back. Thank you in advance for your help.

Unfortunately, the VS1GBKIT400 that you got may have an SPD that's programmed only for DDR400 operation, and thus may not be compatible with that new Dell system. And the B110 currently offers only a Celeron processor, which uses a "533FSB" (or a 133MHz actual FSB clockspeed). What's more, that Dell requires an SPD that's programmed for DDR333 operation in order to even work at all - and Dell tinkers with many of their systems so much that they work properly only with the Dell OEM memory modules.

Unfortunately, the VS1GBKIT400 that you got may have an SPD that's programmed only for DDR400 operation, and thus may not be compatible with that new Dell system. And the B110 currently offers only a Celeron processor, which uses a "533FSB" (or a 133MHz actual FSB clockspeed). What's more, that Dell requires an SPD that's programmed for DDR333 operation in order to even work at all - and Dell tinkers with many of their systems so much that they work properly only with the Dell OEM memory modules.

Actually there was a special over the past 2 days with the Pentium. That is why he got it, oh and the 19" flat panel as well.

Please look up your system on our memory configurator.

Did you even read my post or is this a generic response you give to all?

I bought a 2GB kit and was shipped the wrong item but my dad just ordered a Dell B110 and I thought that he could just use this memory. It is a VS1GBKIT400 which contains 2-VS512MB400. The Corsair memory configurator only shows CMSS512MB400. Here are the specs on his B110:

P4 2.8 GHz 533FSB

256MB DDR400 RAM

160GB HDD

• Corsair Employees
You will need to use DDR333 memory with that MB and CPU. If you replace the memory that came with your system our Value Select DDR333 modules will be fine. But if you want to add to what you have or need 1.0 Gig modules I would suggest CMSS1GB-333.

You will need to use DDR333 memory with that MB and CPU. If you replace the memory that cam with your system our Value Select DDR333 modules will be fine. But if you want to add to what you have or need 1.0 Gig modules I would suggest CMSS1GB-333.

Thanks. The memory configurator shows the CMSS1GB-400. So does this mean it would work, yet operate at 333MHz? Is that why you recommend the CMSS1GB-333? Do you know the reason why the VS1GBKIT400 won't work? Sorry for all the questions, but it can be quite confusing.:sigh!:

Archived