Corsair Community

Corsair 2x1GB 3500LLPRO overclocking potential

Depends on your mobo and CPU, but mine clocks up to 238HHT easily to get 3.094 OC on my FX57. Have got it to run DDR500 (250HHT)with the CPU at 3.0GHz. Both these are way over its stated speed and possibly not all sticks will go that fast. But it is the best OC'g ram I have ever used (all that at 2.75v's)! Have the 4400 Pro now that will post slightly better benches than the 3500ll OC'd to the same level (my 4400's will run at tighter settings than the one posted up to 238HHT 2.5-3-3-7 Tx1). If you intend to really push the ram and have a capable system, maybe the 4400 would be a consideration?

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I just got a bum pair, but I can't get this stuff to overclock worth spit.

I've tried loosening the timings all the way to 3-4-3-10, increasing the voltage, and even tried different settings on the DDR clock skew in the jumper configuration, and I can't get it stable at even 233mhz. There must be another setting I'm overlooking because it's definitely not doing what I expected.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I just got a bum pair, but I can't get this stuff to overclock worth spit.

I've tried loosening the timings all the way to 3-4-3-10, increasing the voltage, and even tried different settings on the DDR clock skew in the jumper configuration, and I can't get it stable at even 233mhz. There must be another setting I'm overlooking because it's definitely not doing what I expected.

What are your system specs??? Are you the same little doc in OPC?? Your CPU memory controller and/or mobo could be limiting your HHT limit.

Yup, it's me from OPC.

I figured out what was causing the problem, and it was really just a basic misunderstanding on my part about the memclock setting with my BIOS. A little help from CPU-Z helped it dawn on me what I was doing wrong. I thought I was overclocking the memory, when I was in actuality setting a divider and causing my memory to run super-slow. Durrrr.

Right now my 4000+ is up from 2.4ghz to just over 2.8ghz, memory is at 234 @ 2.5-3-2-8. I may be able to tighten the timings, but I just set those because I was confident they'd be stable. So far looks rock solid. It's tempting to want to push the CPU a little more, but we'll see after more time with Prime and general gameplay. A 400mhz overclock is nothing to sneeze at, so right now I'm pretty happy.

Archived