Corsair Community

RAM Guy: I am PUZZLED!!!!!!!!!!

one day when i was using my computer, it suddenly rebooted. when the monitor came back up, i noticed that my system memory cleared was only 1023mb instead of the usual 1024mb. concordantly, i ran memtest86+ with both dimms, and my memory failed at 1023.3mb. i tested each dimm separately, and both failed at 511.3mb. i tested dimm slot #3 with each dimm, they still both failed in the same fashion, together and separately.

i am using a tyan K8WE (S2895), and two corsair CM72SD512RLP-3200, system specific.

any thoughts?

i missed last month's BIOS update, so i updated. when quickboot is enabled (not counting system memory each boot), it displays 1024mb. when quickboot is disabled and counts the system memory each time, it still only displays 1023mb. memtest86+ stills fails.

unfortunately, i've looked at all the computers that are readily available to me, and none are compatible with my specific type of RAM.

quick update: i flashed back to the last complete working version of the bios, v1.01, and the ram still failed memtest86+. i also failed to find any ram from office depot, officemax, best buy, or staples, that would post with my system.

i would like to submit my RMA, and thanks RAM Guy for all your help.

Archived