Corsair Community

A8V Deluxe Rev 1.xx + Twinx2048-3200c2pt

trinitron6

Ok guys, i just ordered the Twinx2048-3200c2pt, i have been a customer of Crucial Ballistix, and i have decided to change over to corsair, because im wanting to stretch my knowledge of other companies of ram. now let me ask this let me post my specs THEN ill ask my question.

A8V Deluxe Rev2

AMD64 3200+ Winchester, 90nm core

now.. as of now i have crucial ballistix pc3200 running at 2 2 2 8 at 1t @ 200.4 mhz, timings, and it works good.

and here is my question. are there any incompatibilitys with this setup? i have read other questions on this forum and it seems to be that its all revision 2, and i just want to make sure that if i set things to auto, that i will get the speeds set for by this ram of 2 3 3 6 , or will it be better if i set it to auto for everything but change it to 1t timings?.. any opinions.. RAM Guy, i have heard your the man to ask.

and here is my question. are there any incompatibilitys with this setup? i have read other questions on this forum and it seems to be that its all revision 2, and i just want to make sure that if i set things to auto, that i will get the speeds set for by this ram of 2 3 3 6 , or will it be better if i set it to auto for everything but change it to 1t timings?.. any opinions.. RAM Guy, i have heard your the man to ask.

First off, not all CMX1024-3200C2 modules (or TWINX2048-3200C2 kits) are of the same revision. Some are Revision 2.x, some are Rev. 4.x, some are Rev. 5.x.

Second, the SPD programmed for DDR400 speed with the 3200C2 series modules will always be the JEDEC-reference timings (CAS 3-3-3-8). You will need to manually set those values in the BIOS to the following:

CAS Latency (Tcl): 2.0

RAS-to-CAS Delay (Trcd): 3

RAS Precharge (Trp): 3

Min. RAS Active Time (Tras): 6

Row Cycle Time (Trc): 9

Row Refresh Cycle Time (Trfc): 11 or 12

DDR/DIMM Voltage: 2.70 or 2.75 V

All other settings at defaults.

And remember, the command rate is not the property of the memory per se; it's more the property of the memory controller. You may want to set a 1T command rate for enhanced performance (most good-quality modules should be able to handle 1T command rate) - but if your system starts running unstable, then use 2T for enhanced stability.

• Corsair Employees
If you have a XMS module that ends with a "C2" designation the SPD will be set to JEDEC defined values for the IC used to make that specific part and the tested settings would need to be manually set!

hmms.. well i wonder if i made a bad decision on buying corsair then, because my XXXXXX ram runs at the correct speeds instead of 2 2 2 6 its 2 2 2 8, pretty close..

we will see

???

3200C2s are meant for their timings to be set manually to 2-3-3-6. 3200C2s (IIRC) are the only sticks they make that are made like this, all others are set to work at the correct timings by default.

3200XLs = 2-2-2-5 (recently stopped production, ICs no longer made)

can you explain why they are meant to be manually set?

and i have also updated the bios of my Asus A8V Deluxe rev 2, the bios is 1017

and i am going to tell you the options for manually setting my ram.

(if you can help me out with this it would be great)

Burst=8 (options of 8, 4, 2) (what the heck is burst?)

MCT=auto(options manual) (i know i need to set this to manual to get to the other options)

CAS=(2.0 2.5, 3.0)

TRAS=(5-15)

TRP= (2-6)

TRCD=(2-6)

TRRD=(2t, 3t, 4t)

TRC=(7t-21T)

TRFC=(9-23)

TRWT=(1-6)

TWCL=(1, 2)

TWR-(2,3)

and of course the 2t setting(auto, enabled, or disabled)

now this is from what was said from RJ

CAS Latency (Tcl): 2.0

RAS-to-CAS Delay (Trcd): 3

RAS Precharge (Trp): 3

Min. RAS Active Time (Tras): 6

Row Cycle Time (Trc): 9

Row Refresh Cycle Time (Trfc): 11 or 12(which should this be 11 or 12???)

DDR/DIMM Voltage: 2.70 or 2.75 V

All other settings at defaults. (can this mean auto?)

nothing against RJ, but i would like to hear it from RAM Guy. please tell me the EXACT settings i need to change please.

can you explain why they are meant to be manually set?
That's how Corsair designed them.

Corsair XMS Qualification and Testing Information

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.7-2.90 Volts (Warrantied up to, but not over, 2.90 volts)

All other settings to defaults.

i have also updated the bios of my Asus A8V Deluxe rev 2, the bios is 1017.

the title of the thread is A8V Deluxe Rev 1.xx and now u have a rev 2? how?

btw, i have ur same setup and my settings are:

2.5-3-3-6-11-1T @ 2.7v

these settings have been stable under 16.5 hours of memtest86 and 6 benchmarks and i leave my pc on 24 hours a day under these settings for 4 days now. just fyi.

ya. i took the revision number from CPUZ but i did a quick check on the mobo its self and its 2.0 sorry about that.

thanks alot mr. nails. ill be copying this and writing it down. when you say others as default, do you mean auto?

what about this burst rate?

and what about the 2t timings..

ok what is burst rate tho? right now with my ballistix ram its at 8, and works great, and ill set cas to 2.5 when i get it today (the corsair ram). also.. i didnt see the volt thing, but now i do, its in the over clocking part, and its set for auto right now. let me ask this what program can i use to find out what volt my ram is running at?

• Corsair Employees

Set the memory voltage to 2.75 Volts and you cannot mix these two sets of modules. Just with our modules installed load setup defaults and then set the tested settings and the memory voltage should be all you need to do, but test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure its stable.

In addition, you can go to http://www.rojakpot.com and use the Bios setup Guide to get more details about other bios settings.

i wasnt gonna mix and match, i knew that one lol ok so imma go change the settings, and let me ask this, on newegg.com when i ordered these, i am supposed to get a 50 dollar mail in rebate.. where is that? i looked in the package and nothing was there.

ok, let me tell ya, its pretty nice, i havnt ran memtest, but i dont think ill need too. let me tell you what i have set

CAS (TCL) 2.0

TRCD 3

TRP 2

TRAS6

TRC(auto)

TRFC(Auto)

Volt(2.7)

@1t timings

and its pretty nice

dont worry about the rebate i got it, and found out what to do. i did a test outta sisoft sandra. hit

55xx something in the memory benchmarks. not to bad i also did a passmark memory test. outta 70 i was 69.8 pretty good ram.. im VERY happy

i went there after i said something

lol so what do you think.. passmark(just memory benchmark out of 70(the max score) i was 69.8, pretty damn good!!

lol i definatly will be buying more corsair ram great job, and i want EVERYONE TO SEE THIS

RAM Guy gets a lotta crap on these forums, but everything i have asked i have gotten an answer for except for burst rate (lol) but thanks alot ram guy

your DA MAN!

Archived