Corsair Community

Corsair Flash Voyager 1GB - has left the building

ooger

Ive had a Flash Voyager since June of last year and its been great on anything I plug it into, regardless of OS etc, even Ubuntu loves it without drivers! Last week though, it does not get recognised on any system, regardless of whether any supplemental drivers are installed. Every Windows machine seems to think its a "USB Disk Drive" - then a "USB Mass Storage Device" - then a "Prolific USB device"....then "My hardware may not be installed correctly"

Windows then refuses to access it saying its not formatted, but formatting it (using the basic windows function) tells me its write protected. In every machine. It still seems to know its about a Gb big though....?

I've tried to use the EZ-Recover facility as recommended on here in other posts, but it just tells me "Writing Configuration Fail" each time, and nothing else happens.

Anything else I can do? The data on it is not important, I just want it to work again!

I believe I am having the same problem as above. I have a flash voyager 1G, bought in October and have loved it. Had a couple of strange incidents where, when I hit "Unplug or eject hardware" on the computer it told me it couldn't and to try later. That happened about two or three times, and then the next time I plugged it in, the computer doesn't know it is even there. Nothing, no recognition. I tired it on three different computers. Tech friend at work looked at it, and he believes it's just the contacts that are faulty, and when he plugged it in, it finally recognized something was there, but also said it was unformatted.

So I guess I need to do the same as above? Most of the important stuff I have saved elsewhere, but it would be nice to get the files off it if possible.

:o:

• Corsair Employees

You need to wait till the drive is not being accessed, then you can remove it.

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived