Corsair Community

Bad Corsair xms?

Eisdealer

Hi!

I use 2x Corsair XMS3202v4.2 512MB on my sys. when i let run Prime95, this program say me that my system has an error. i checked the Memory in a other PC, and the same happens. so i think my memory is bad...

My actuall system is: 2x Corsair XMS3202v4.2 512MB, Pentium-M Dothan 740, Asus P4P800SE...

can I send this Memory in RMA?

I have also tested Memtest86, and it shows error like Prime95!

The Memory setting are by SPD... CPUz says 3-3-3-8, and the Voltage settings are @ auto... 2,65V I think... I tested other settings, like 3-4-4-8 or something like this, and I used more voltage, but nothing happens. The system isn't running stable.

I'm testing one stick in each slot, and the situation is the same...

The exact part mumber is CMX512-3200C2.

Would you think it is better when i send the memory to RMA?

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

If tested die RAM on a Nforce2 Board, and den Ram is running stable. I think, the I865 chipset and the Ram are in conflict. What can I do? I had read, that the TCCD chips on this ram and my I865 chipset running stable. is there any solution for?

I don't hope that i must buy another RAM, that this sys runs stable. My Old BH5 Corsair ram didn't have any Problems, and now the TCCDs aren't lovin my chipset.

I let the RAM one each settings, so it would be a conflict between the chipset and RAM...

• Corsair Employees

Please try these settings after you load setup defaults.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts (but if you over clock 2.85 Volts)

System Performance: Auto

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

PAM/PAT/MAM: Auto

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Archived