Corsair Community

Faulty CMX512-3200LL memtest reports multiple errors..

Tone

Hi,

My ram has been randomly shutting down my system, when im windows or when it is booting.

IM 100% sure its the ram that is faulty and nothing else, as i have replaced the ram with a stick of geil 512ddr, and the system is fault free, runs fine, no crashes.

From now, how do i go about returning this stick of ram under warrenty??

I purchased the ram from http://www.auspcmarket.com.au if that helps.

thanks

Tone.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Ive got an Abit IC7, with a P4 2.6 800fsb.

The ram has only just recently died after i flashed the bios to the latist version.

The system was fine before i flashed, besides one thing. I flashed because the cpu was running at 1.3ghz, i did a bit of googling around, and flashing the bios would and did fix the problem, but the ram kinda shlt itself.

I never adjusted any setting in the bios to overclock the ram or cpu. This machine has never been overclocked. The only setting ive adjusted in the bios, was the boot priority, thats it. The cpu and memory settings are default, and were before the bios flash.

Archived