Corsair Community

Memory Failure

I purchased a computer from Cyber Power Inc. aproxx 2 years ago. The computer worked great for the first year, and then it crapped out. I was able to start it up (sometimes), but it was a short lived event due to it restarting everytime I closed windows to fast. I sent the computer back to the company (cyber power) and they claimed to have "fixed" the issue. About 2 days after I got the computer back, it was having the same old problems. I got frustrated and set the computer in the corner, making it a $3,000 table for about 9 months.

Recentally I took it into my local Best Buy to see if they could figure out what was wrong with it, and apparentally one set of my dual ram was malfunctioning. We removed the problem set, so now im running on 1024 mb of ram opposed to 2048.

We also found the problem stick, because one of the two is still functioning. When the bad stick is placed in the computer, the computer wont start and the monitor screen light blinks.

I'm just here to find out how I send the problem stick back to corsair, in order for them to send me a new stick. Also sence its dual memory, would I need to send back both the good and bad stick?

Thanks,

David <-- knows little about computers.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

yeah the problem is, when the bad stick of memory is placed in the computer.. nothing will even show up on the screen, not even the bios. Its completely dead. So whatever tests I am sopose to run, I am not able to. The other stick of memory is fine, I can insert it in the computer and it will start up with no glitches.

Archived