Corsair Community

Problem with twinx 2048mb 3200c2's

Nilos

Hi, i recently bought these mem sticks and used them in my Abit AV8 mobo. They ran as advertised on cas2 but the max i could get on cas2 was only 204mhz. I bought a new mobo, the asus A8n Sli premimum and the max i can get on cl2 is, you never guess 204mhz. Is that normal that these mem sticks wont overclock? I saw reviews where they overclock very well. I ran memtest and no errors untill 204 mhz. Very strange. Is my memory broken? Thanx for a reply....

Hi, i recently bought these mem sticks and used them in my Abit AV8 mobo. They ran as advertised on cas2 but the max i could get on cas2 was only 204mhz. I bought a new mobo, the asus A8n Sli premimum and the max i can get on cl2 is, you never guess 204mhz. Is that normal that these mem sticks wont overclock? I saw reviews where they overclock very well. I ran memtest and no errors untill 204 mhz. Very strange. Is my memory broken? Thanx for a reply....

Actually, that's fairly normal these days for a 3200C2 memory module. In fact, according to the speed designation the memory should not overclock by even 1MHz over the rated clockspeed; thus, only 200MHz is guaranteed.

I saw reviews where they overclock very well.

It's really a case by case situation. (MOBO, Chipset, CPU).

The 3200C2's are not the best OC'er's. (Since the BH-5 days).

If you relax the timings and up the Volts to 2.7-2.8, you might get a little more.

It's really a pity that these sticks dont have any headroom for overclocking. I spent 250€ on these but if i knew they had such a bad results, i should have bought another brand really. Now i know also why they dont show test results of max FSB. With other xms, they show you the max fsb you can get in the test rapport. Only with 3200c2's they dont fill in anything. It's my own fault, i must have been smarter.

It's really a pity that these sticks dont have any headroom for overclocking. I spent 250€ on these but if i knew they had such a bad results, i should have bought another brand really. Now i know also why they dont show test results of max FSB. With other xms, they show you the max fsb you can get in the test rapport. Only with 3200c2's they dont fill in anything. It's my own fault, i must have been smarter.

Actually, buying Corsair vs another brand is not the problem. But, you could have bought the PC3500LL, PC4000, or PC4400 2gb kits.

Archived