Corsair Community

Corsair XMS3200 problem

Jake C

I've been running my PC on 2 gigs of Corsair XMS ram since january now, and in the last 2 months I've been bluescreening with a "beginning dump of physical memory" message. Upon reboot, my PC will occasionally lock up after post. Removing one of my modules of ram will solve this boot problem. I have run memtest on both modules and they have come up clean. Do you have any idea what this could be? My CPU and graphics card don't heat up past 50c, I've taken my case side off and put a fan to it to help cooling (incase that was the problem) and still bluescreened. Any help would be appreciated. I'd rather fix this than have to RMA them.

i can try it if you can give me a walkthrough. I have never messed with the voltages or timings or clock speeds of my ram, nor had the urge to. The problem has been driving me nuts, I'm willing to try anything.

I don't have any other systems to test the modules in at the moment. I've already run that test on both modules in multiple slots in my board. :( I'm just trying to figure out if it's my ram or mobo or what so I can replace it and be done with it.

Ok, exactly how my problems go.

Pc boots and runs fine, after a random length of time (sometimes a day sometimes an hour) the computer will lock on and display a blue screen showing the usual "there has been a problem in windows and your system is being shut down, if any new hardware has been installed please check it, yadda yadda" And at the bottom is the "beginning dump of physical memory" message.

So I reboot the computer, and it will get hung up right after it shows the "clock frequency 200mhz" before it detects my IDE drives.

Reboot, and it will get stuck in the same place or will get stuck on the "windows was not shut down properly, please select a boot method" screen.

I take out a module, reboot, reboots fine. Computer runs until it bluescreens again, in which I either switch modules (I'm only running 1 at the time now) or I plug the second one back in. hangs up as noted above, and eventually boots.

When I set the voltage to +.2 I get a black screen with my mouse cursor on it. No windows loads past that, mouse can move but nothing else happens.

Is this a motherboard problem? A ram problem?

Since this started I have done a clean reinstall of my windows XP pro with SP2. Mind you, my system has been running fine since january, and has only started to blue screen in the last month or so.

• Corsair Employees
What you have described could also suggest a power problem, I would see if a friend can help you test the module and your CPU in another system then go from there, if you have a failing module the symptoms will be more consistant and you will normnally get errors in test 3 or 4. I would also check with the MB maker and make sure that the bios version you have will support the CPU you have.

• Corsair Employees
Random errors like this would suggest a power problem, either the MB or the PSU! I would maybe try another PSU first; if it were me. Then the MB if that does not make any difference. But have you tried to reset your bios?

Sir that would be amazing. Can you please let me know how much it would be to have them overnighted? I would be sending mine the same. I'll post back here tomorrow when I get the new motherboard and PSU installed.

As a note, I ordered a modular 500w enermax PSU (5 star rating on new egg with 90% 5 star reviews) and a DFI SLi board.

Archived