Corsair Community

A8N32-SLI Deluxe and Corsair TWINX2048-4400PRO: Compatibilty ???

Jack78

Hi,

I've got some trouble with the Corsair TWINX2048-4400PRO Modules. Games are freezing after a few minutes and the PC is rebooting. I checked the CPU with Prime 95 for 11,5 h. Everything worked fine.

The RAM seems to be the problem I think. I checked the modules with memtest 86+.

Bios of the MB ist 1103 (latest)

I testet the RAM with 270 Mhz , 244,7 Mhz, 200 Mhz and 180 Mhz. All other settings for RAM were Auto.

Memtest 86+ stops and the End of Test No. 6 with more than 700 faults. The Error message is "unexpected interrupt - Halting"

I tested also only one module @ Slot A1. Both modules did'nt pass the test. A little less faults (~ 680) and the same error message.

Is the RAM damaged or is it just not compatible to the board ?

many thanks in advance

Frank

Hi,

when I run the test with over clocked CPU the multi for the HTT was reduced to 3. In my case 3x 270 = 810 Mhz. With this config my system runs Prime95 torture test for 11,5 h without any problems. I also run memtest without any oc. All values at auto / default. I tried it also with fixed DDR Vcore 2,8V but not higher, because 2,8 V is the recommed Voltage from Corsair for 275 Mhz.

Hi,

when I run the test with over clocked CPU the multi for the HTT was reduced to 3. In my case 3x 270 = 810 Mhz. With this config my system runs Prime95 torture test for 11,5 h without any problems. I also run memtest without any oc. All values at auto / default. I tried it also with fixed DDR Vcore 2,8V but not higher, because 2,8 V is the recommed Voltage from Corsair for 275 Mhz.

OK. If you want to try it, you can go to 2.9v without voiding the warranty per Corsair. Not sure if it will help but it can't hurt.

Mike .

I now know the answer for the Memtest86+ Problem. Memtest seems to have Problems with my Mobo. Other guys with this Board had the same Problems with memtest. Becaus Prime Blend worked finded this was a little bit weird.

But the Corsair 4400Pro was not damaged and ist OK. The Shop were I bought it could confirm that.

Archived