Corsair Community

TWINX2048-4000PT Problems

Darsint

Hi, I just put together a new system a week and a half ago and have had issues with the RAM timings from the start. I've thoroughly read the corsair forums and the ASUS forums (I have an A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard) and am a bit stumped on what to try next.

My PSU is the Hiper 580, GPU is an eVGA 7900 GT Superclock. CPU is the Athlon 64 3700+.

I can't get these modules to run at Command Rate 1T. They seem to run fine at 2T, and in fact when 3DMark06 once successfully made it through a 1T test, it clocked SLOWER than the 2T (then it GPF'd on the results screen).

I've tried various voltages from 2.6 to 2.8, running the RAM at 200 and 250, and I get reboots and GPFs whenever I have it set to 1T. Memtest 1.65 reports a load of errors on test 5 when I test them as a pair, but when tested individually they don't have any issues.

I am manually setting the timings of the modules in the BIOS to their rated 3-4-4-8 speed, TRRD = 3T, TRC = 13T (also tried 14T), TRFC = 16T (also tried 18T), TRWT = 4. USB Legacy is disabled.

I've tried setting just the memory clock to 250, then read it was better to set the FSB to 250 and reduce the multiplier, leaving the memory at 200, so that's what I'm doing now. I get a little better performance out of my CPU now but still have errors when running in 1T. I've read that the command rate has more to do with the memory controller, so I'm not sure what to do next. Should I try to RMA the RAM?

Thanks for any help!

What do you have the HTT Frequency set to? And the memory Voltage should be set to 2.8 Volts!

I'm keeping the HTT at 1000 by keeping the K8 > NB multiplier down to 4, while the FSB is set to 250.

I've tried the modules at 2.8, and if anything they seem less stable there. I can try running memtest and 3dmark06 at that rate again though, I guess.

Archived