Corsair Community

Ram Guy Please help with mighty wisdom

Hotshot232

Hey guys

First post mainly because I am redoing my system and I just bought some CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System few days ago off newegg and I got a AMD athlon 2600+ and a MSI K7N2 Delta-L given to me.

Well here is problem. Everything is setup, RAM in place and new processor and MOBO. I start reinstalling my games and what not. No big deal so thing I do everytime I re do my system. Then I put in Half Life 2 and wanted to see how my Frame rate is with new BADASS RAM. Playing game for about 3 min. LOUD Beep and shutdown. Caught me off guard, checked all my temps everything seemed fine. Started game again same thing. Thats when I figured it must be this new RAM. So I went and ran memtest. Only ran 2 test but had no errors. So this got me thinking what could be wrong. So I came on here and could not really find the answer to my question. What could be causing this, and do i have to get a RMA cause that would really suck if the RAM is bad.

So please RAM guy point me in right direction, ohhh and by the way bios is basiclly default. I have not changed the RAM from the standard 3.3.3.3.6 (think that is how it comes). Anyway help me brother I am in serious need.

Bows at feet

Hotshot

Here they are brother

CPU FSB Clock - 166mhz

CPU Interface - Normal

FSB/DRAM ratio - by spd (200mhz)

Memory Timings - by spd

T-RAS - 8

T -RCD - 3

T-RP - 3

CAS Latency - 3.0

FSB Spread Spectrum - .50%

AGP Spread Spectrum - Disabled

Hope this helps

P.S.

I also ran FSB/DRAM Ratio at 1:1(333mhz) trying to see if it would be faster and more stable, it lasted the same as regular setting, about a Hour in game now before sudden reboot, ohhh and not sure if it helps but with it set 200mhz normaly I get a Beep then reboot, At 1:1(333mhz) I just reboot with out a beep.

Trying to ggive ya as much info as possible

Help :(:

going do that

Anything else guys PLEASE let me know, cause i am on my last leg. i honestly believe it is the MOBO, and not a RAM issue. If i must I am going to swap out MOBO. My dad builds gaming rigs for people so he has mobo all over in his house lol. Just don't feel like driving across town and redoing my system all over again.

2 passes.

I am going run a test on each stick alone

Is it just this MOBO, cause i just called my dad. I am about to break down and go grab the newer MOBO. Which is a AS Rock ULI something , he said he had to go look to make sure which one it is, but i was wondering if it would be more stable than the MSI k7n2?

I really couldnt say, I can only suggest as I cant be there to see exactly

what you have going on.

But off hand my best guess would be a driver issue, power supply or software

problem (bios, drivers etc.)

Its my experiance that memory is rarely bad.

Here is latest bios, if you dont have it

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_detail.php?UID=436&kind=1

Drivers are here

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_detail.php?UID=436&kind=1

may want to skip the ide drivers, some users have reported problems with them

and use the ms drivers

• Corsair Employees

You cannot run the memory out of sync with this platform. Please try these settings.

CPU FSB Clock - 166mhz

CPU Interface - Normal

FSB/DRAM ratio - 100%/1-1

Memory Timings - Manual

T-RAS - 7

T -RCD - 3

T-RP - 3

CAS Latency - 2.5

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org. And what is the modules part# you have?

CPU FSB Clock - 166mhz

CPU Interface - Normal

FSB/DRAM ratio - 1-1 (166mhz)

Memory Timings -

T-RAS - 7

T -RCD - 3

T-RP - 3

CAS Latency - 2.5

FSB Spread Spectrum - Disabled

AGP Spread Spectrum - Disabled

ohh and dim at 2.7V

Where i find part number? there is few different numbers on stick