Corsair Community

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe and FX-60, best performance: overclocked 4400PRO or 3500LLPRO?

I am going to use an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB and AMD FX-60 CPU. I haven't seen the ASUS A8N32-SLI deluxe's overclocking capabilities, but I'd like to moderately overclock or have the fastest stable system possible. I'm not sure which choice will yield the fastest stable result given my combination:

The new TWINX2048-4400PRO

takes the lead with its rated 550MHz speed to unleash maximum performance on the AMD platform. Users have the flexibility to run the memory module at highest frequency of PC4400 for maximum system performance or PC4000 at CL3 with 1T command rate.

*OR*

TWINX2048-3500LLPRO

The TWINX2048-3500LLPRO is a 2GByte matched memory pair specifically designed for motherboards using chipsets with dual memory channels. This memory kit consists of two CMX1024-3500LLPRO memory modules that have been tested together on a current production AMD motherboard at DDR437 (218 MHz) and extremely Low Latency of 2-3-2-6 T1.

I would greatly appreciate your help on making this decision!

I received this response from tech support:

"TWINX2048-4400PRO will definitely give much better headroom in overclocking. If you are not planning to overclock the system, then I would recommend TWINX2048-3500LLPRO as it does provide better performance at stock speed."

I guess I was looking for a more definitive answer with somebody somebody who has experience with both memory types with the FX-60 and ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB combination. I'm sure both will be just fine, but it is always great to speak with someone who knows the specifics. Oh well, I guess I'll just 'play it safe' and get the low latency... but something tells me I could get better, yet still stable performance with the 440 Pro... just don't feel like I have the time to deal with any problems.

I want to moderatley overclock, i.e., make this thing work for its money, but at the same time, I don't need to break a record or anything. I want to overclock it about 50-75% of the possible limit, not 99% like many do...

Since I'm sure many of you have experience with the FX-60 and the ASUS A8N32-SLI (popular combo) would you mind telling me what Bios settings you use for maximum stable performance with the 3500LLPRO if I decide to wimp out and go that route? Maybe I can get 50-60% of the overclocking of the 4400 pro? Can't deal wtih blank screens right now, I'm too busy, at the same time, I'd hate not to push this system a decent bit...

hi

i have pretty much this config,though i am not yet seeing through the jungle of settings you can set on the MB, i can tell you, that with standard configuration and the Memory VDimm @ 2.75 the rig works flawless...

You can use the Asus overclocking feature if you dont want to mess around with the settings.

I am currently running it with two 7800GTX512 Video Cards. Be AWARE that the stock cooling of the Power Converters or whatever you call them is far too low(top left of the MB). I have watercooling and everything is fine... but i wouldnt run it with stock cooling, just so you know...

does anyone know how to run the A8N32-SLI with a 275 Memory Bus Freq?

Archived