Corsair Community

Possible bad VS1GB400C3

Dutchm4n

Hi,

I have build my own system back in the beginning of march with 2 VS1GB400C3 modules. When I first tested my system for about 2 weeks I had al lot of crashes which where almost always consisting of a sudden black screen, dead or hanging audio and no response what so ever. First thing I did was running a 24h memtest86, with a result of about 18 passes and no errors. So after some more testing I concluded it had to be my 4 year old IDE disk, I am someone who has its computer running 24/7 with a lot of disk activity from time to time so it was possible my harddisk went bad. I took that one out, configured my SATA as primary disk and since then no probs. Untill I came home about a hour ago.

Page_Error_In_Non_Paged_Area, I got a BSOD with my Winx64. So I reboot a few times, and everytime I get a black screen right after the loading screen of Windows. I use normally Quick Boot, since the few time I reboot, I want it to be fast, so I disable it and reboot again. Somewhere at about 1800MB of Memory testing in the POST it skips to ~2096MB and I get a "Memory test failed". I take my 'secondary' memorystrip out, and boot again. Tests to ~800MB and then skips to ~1024MB. So I switch it with the one I previously pulled out, and everything goes fine.

Any suggestions?

I have an ASUS A8N-E motherboard with the 1008 revision.

And would be a problem if and when I send the - possible - RMA, since I am living in the Netherlands?

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived