Corsair Community

A8N32-SLI + 3500LL Pro = No post

bampson

I just switched from running 2x512 MB of a competitor's memory to the 3500LL Pro 2x1024 MB kit.

I removed the battery and cleared the CMOS after swapping out the parts, but now the system will not even post. Like another user has experienced here, the monitor doesn't even receive a signal.

After putting the original set back in, things operated normally. I was about to RMA these back to Newegg but thought it strange that both sticks would be DOA; confirmed after testing them both individually.

I'm running BIOS 1009 and the power supply is an OCZ Powerstream 520 if that helps.

I took your advice and actually updated the BIOS first and then cleard the CMOS fully with the battery removed.

Testing one of the sticks in the 3rd DIMM slot as recommended from ASUS, and the system booted with no problems.

However, after swapping out with the other stick and the system wouldn't even post with a signal to the monitor.

Since these are so new, it would probably be fastest to just RMA these back to the vendor I would imagine.

• Corsair Employees
Sorry for the news. We do recommend to rma to orginal reseller if within the resellers grace period. You can always use the "I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?" for directions to replacement with Corsair.

Archived