Corsair Community

TwinX2048-3200C2PT help needed!

Fillthee

okie here is the problem a few days ago I posted in another thread on the forums about some issues with timings/speed of the TwinX2048-3200C2PT kit i have, to which I recievied swift help from Weird? IIRC.

Anyways since then Ive had nothing but ptoblrmd getting windows to start either after a crash (about 3-4 a day, randomly) or after a boot/reboot.

pc goes through its paces till the windows logo normaly shows at which point it just does nothing no beeps or anything.. reboot and try again... rinse and repeat till the PC does boot. windows gives me an error report and says its either RAM, CPU or mainboard now the PC has been fine for months as ive built a few using a combo of gigabyte/amd/corsair/ati and im currently running corsair (1gig kit from PC stated above) in aother PC with out problems. only started having issues after are installed/set up this new 2gig kit.

anyone have any idea's the ram is running @ the suggested (not SPD) timings of 2.5-3-3-6. rest of PC spec is listed bellow my name!

Fillthee

Sorry Maybe I wasnt to clear im using a single 2x1gig KIT. Im not mixing anything other sizes or using uneven stick sizes. and the voltage is @ +0.2 as it wudnt load without it.

Have just reset timings to SPD and it booted st time so I have a feeling they dont like the tighter settings!

they are now back at a rather lowly 3.0-3-3-8!

Right decided it is in fact not a ram problem as i have replaced the ram with an older 1gig kit and still having problems getting in to windows! think its prolly my Windows install tho I hope NOT!!!!

its that or my Motherboard :(

thanks for the help :)

Archived