Corsair Community

corsair falsh voyager 512 problem

deskmonkey

I am having problems with this pen drive, I have used this over the past 14 months and no problems in fact I would say its a great little thing. Recently any OS I was using 98, xp and xp pro gave me the message that it was not formatted I first used the cd it came with, this told me it was write protected. After searching on the net I found this forum I downloaded the utility suggested. I formatted it ok when I removed it and plugged it back in using safe removal of hardware it told me it was not formatted. I reformatted it again this time it formatted it at 256 not 512 I was not able to alter this option. now everytime it changes from the following states :-

1 . this disk is set to read only or is unable to be written to

2. the disk is not formatted

3. disk changes size form 512, 495 and 256

I have tried using windows to format it the cd it came with and downloadable utilities. I want to return this but on the returns page I was informed that I must post here to get an RMA number, by the way I live in England do I have to pay carraige to the USA to return this or is there an address in England. Much appreciated that this forum exists and the fact that these units have a lifetime warranty, By the way I lost my cap will this effect the exchange (I found that the protective caps that come with other usb leads, fit and stay on better than the ones fitted (they are smaller andcling better?) for all the other that need a quick fix before the get a replacement)

Lee

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

If you send it in under RMA, I am sorry you will have to ship it to our oiffice in USA. But you can try your reseller first if you like and see if they will help you.

Archived