Corsair Community

Version 5.2 and 2.2 not compatible

plowman33

I've had my system a while now, and I've had 2x512 3200C2PT with no problems. I decided to add another 2x512 of the exact same RAM. I had no idea they came out with different versions...

My old ones were version 2.2 and the new ones are 5.2. I don't know anything about overclocking and I've never even changed the timings.

Once I added the new RAM I get constant spontaneous reboot. As soon as I take the new RAM out , everything is fine.

My mobo is Asus P4C800 Deluxe. I'm guessing the timings between the two versions are different and I'll have to change them to match. So how do I do that and what do I set them to?

Ok, update. I have a bad stick. I ran memtest on all the sticks one by one, and one of the sticks failed in every single DIMM. So how do I go about getting it replaced? I got them as a twin pack from Newegg, so I don't think I can return just one defective one to them...

• Corsair Employees
Yes you will need to make a request to our customer service once you have the RMA# but phone and ask if they can make sure you get all matching modules. But this is not a warranty issue, so I am not sure they will be able to do this or not.

Archived