Corsair Community

cmx512-3700 bad stick

mnaz1

Ive got a bad stick of this ram. Ive been running it with a stick of cmx512-3500 and it has been fine till lately. I did some testing with memtest and it kept erroring with both sticks. So I did one at a time and the 3500 was fine but the 3700 showed massive errors. I removed both sticks loaded optimzed defaults and it will not post with the 3700 stick. When I swap in the 3500 stick or a stick of Corsair value ram it runs fine.

• Corsair Employees
XMS3700 and XMS3500C2 are not compatible with each other and I am surprised you had it running at all. Please try and reset the MB bios with just the XMS3700 module installed and then load setup defaults and set the memory Frequency at 100% with your CPU and set the memory voltage to 2.75 Volts and then set the timings at DDR400 Cas 3-3-3-8 and above that to Cas 3-4-4-8 and test the module with http://www.memtest.org. if you still get no post or get errors then, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

How are they not compatible? I thought the faster ram would just clock down to match the other stick. The 3500 is running great with a stick of corsair value ram in the other slot. Anyway, I tried what you recommended again and it just hangs at the bios splash screen. Just out of curiosity what kind of stick am I going to get in return because it doesnt seem like this is being made anymore.

Archived