Corsair Community

Conflicting Information on RAM Compatibility w/MSI K7N2-Delta-L MB

FloridaChris

Help! Although I figured this would be easy to find, there is a lot of conflicting information regarding RAM compatibility with this motherboard!

My current system is a matched Corsair Value Select pair of 256 MB PC3200 (2XVS256MB400) RAM.

I'm looking into upgrading to a 2X512 setup, and would prefer the Value Select, although I haven't checked the price difference between value and TwinX.

According to this website, the only Value Select stick compatible with my mb is the VS2GBKIT400C3. . . which is odd considering my current setup runs fine with latency 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 8 Corsair VS memory.

Making matters worse, the tech support (email response pasted below) rep doesn't think I have dual channel capability with my MB even though the box and instruction manual indicate otherwise!

Email response from Mona Leigh:

"Thank you for your email. You can add the 1Gb or the 2-512MB to the parts you now have in the combinations you have out line and any one of these combinations will work fine. Your system does not run in dual channel so you do not need matching pairs. You can choose the amount of Ram that will best fit your needs.I have enclosed the link for any Ram we guarantee to be compatible with your system:MS-6570 (K7N2 Delta-L)."

Does anybody know if the 2X512 Value Select setup will work with my mb?

Which type of RAM would you recommend (I'm primarily upgrading so I can play World of Warcarft)?

Thanks for your help.

Odd.

Your system will run fine with VS1GBKIT400 (2 x 512Mb @ CAS 2.5) and you shouldn't have any problems with any of the DDR400 TwinX sets either.

I've actually got the K7N2-Delta2 board and it runs fine with TwinX1024-3200LLPRO's in it, heck, it even boots up with an overclocked setup!

If you wanted 2 GB of memory, then the VS2GBKIT400C3 would be a good choice, or TwinX2048-3200C2 as well.

PLUR

CK

Archived