Corsair Community

Value Select vs System Select for Toshiba

ciraf

Hi,

I used the memory selection tool to find 512 MB modules for my Toshiba 5205 S703 notebook. It recommended system select modules.

I wondered if there were value select modules that would also work and what I give up by using them vs system select.

Thanks in advance

Joe

I wondered if there were value select modules that would also work and what I give up by using them vs system select.

The VS sticks may work if you don't mix them with the OEM RAM.

You'd have to wait for the official word from Ram Guy on this.

There is no performance difference between the two. The System Select made to be Plug and Play for OEM systems.

The VS may need tweaking which OEM system BIOS' don't provide.

• Corsair Employees
The VS sticks may work if you don't mix them with the OEM RAM.

You'd have to wait for the official word from Ram Guy on this.

There is no performance difference between the two. The System Select made to be Plug and Play for OEM systems.

The VS may need tweaking which OEM system BIOS' don't provide.

CMC gave you the correct answer, but to bottom line it for you!

If you plan on mixing the new module with the memory with the module that came with your system I would suggest you use the Correct System Module per our memory configurator. Other wise if you will replace the memory that came with your system and it does not have on-board memory you can use our Value Select.

I am replacing all the memory from 2 256 MB sticks to 2 512 MB sticks. I didn't find any mention of onboard memory in the specs or thru aida32.

Thanks very much for the quick response and help

Joe

Archived