Corsair Community

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and TWINX2048 - 3500LLPRO 2x1GB

cerveau

Hi,

Im looking to upgrade my Ram from the KingstnValue

Ram I have now, see the spec list.

The Ram Configurator suggested the lowest latency ram as being TWINX2048 - 3500LLPRO 2x1GB

My pc is NOT overclocked in any way, would this ram be

a good purchase and would it run at the latency of 2-3-2-6 T1 on my system or would any other Ram be better ?

Usage is gaming

Will it plug straight in, or would I need to change the BIOS

at all?

Thanks ! :)

Aah Thank You Ram Guy!

(Ive ordered them already)

Rojakpot said this about command rate

----------------------------------------------------------------

SDRAM Command Rate

Common Options : 1T, 2T

Quick Review

This BIOS feature allows you to select the delay between the assertion of the Chip Select signal till the time the memory controller starts sending commands to the memory bank. The lower the value, the sooner the memory controller can send commands out to the activated memory bank.

If the SDRAM command delay is too long, it can reduce performance by unnecessarily preventing the memory controller from issuing the commands sooner.

However, if the SDRAM command delay is too short, the memory controller may not be able to translate the addresses in time and the "bad commands" that result will cause data loss and corruption.

It is recommended that you try the 1T command delay for better memory performance. But if you face stability issues, increase the command delay to 2T.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Its way over my head, but I gather 1T allows for faster performance as the delay is shorter.

Thanks for the help !

• Corsair Employees
Yes exactly, allows you to select the delay between the assertion of the Chip Select signal till the time the memory controller starts sending commands to the memory bank. The lower the value, the sooner the memory controller can send commands out to the activated memory bank.

• 4 months later...

Hi Ram Guy,

I believe I did my research before ordering an upgrade in RAM for my P4C800-E Deluxe board. I utilized the Corsair Memory Configurator as well and it listed that I could use the 2048-3500LLPRO XMS Memory.

So I've ordered and now received and installed it, but only 2558MB are being seen by the ASUS System BIOS. I haven't found what I can do to change the BIOS so it'll see that 4GB is installed. The ASUS board manual said PC3200 was the highest available speed at the time the manual was published.

I also double checked my installation by checking to see that the memory LED lights were and are working on all four 1GB DIMMS.

My BIOS Revision is the latest available (rev 1024.001).

The system properties of My Computer in WinXP SP2 show 2.49GB of RAM and an Intel 3.20E Processor.

In my research to find an answer as to why the system only reported 2.5GB of memory wasn't what I'd hoped for because the P4C800-E Deluxe manual read as follows, "When all four sockets are populated with 1GB DIMMS, the system may detect only 3+GB (a little less than 4GB) due to ICH5R resource allocation.

Can you make a recommendation as to what I could do in order to get WinXP and the System BIOS to see that 4GB is installed?

I do a lot of video editing and music studio recording with my system; that's why I decided to install 4GB rather than 2GB.

Thanks,

E.J. // Sniper121

Sigh...

I just found this thread when using TSXpress to find additional information.

The Ram Guy posted this on 6-7-2005 at 06:32PM here:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39434

If you are using WinXP I would not suggest more than 2.0 Gig of Ram, as Windows will only allow 2.0 Gig max to any application.

If WinXP will only allow 2.0 Gig max, why then does ASUS make a board that can utilize up to 4GB? Do other OSs allow larger amounts of RAM?

Please info me if it is then in my best interest to return the 4GB of TWINX2048-3500LLPRO to my vendor. Thanks.

E.J. / Sniper121

Archived