Corsair Community

XMS3200XL Pro TwinX bust

hello, i am not Hkneckles1 but a friend of his so the RAM in the title is different to in his specs.

i have been using a set of the above RAM for about a year now and suddenly my computer started to just reboot all the time until it got to the point that i could not get past the boot screen without it rebooting.

a friend of mine (Hkneckles1) had a look at the hardware and basically figured out that with both when a certain stick was taken out it ran fine, but when he put the other one back in, it rebooted. he swapped banks, changed things around, looked at the BIOS and basically could not get it to work with one of the sticks of RAM in any setup. so we both agree that there is a problem with the memory.

What shall i do?

• Corsair Employee
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived