Corsair Community

CORSAIR COOL WATER - Installed.

reanor

WoW, that was some experience. My First watercooling, took 2.5 hours, looks like working nice now. CPU temp sits at 34. Gonna try to run Oblivion, see what happens then... brb.

Ok, game was running at 39. It may go to 41-42 I think. Not bad. After 52 and up with Thermaltake fan, 39 is much better. During the summer may be higher I think.

BTW, if I use more COOLANT, for example 2 bottles of coolant and water, will it be better cooling? Or 1 bottle and water mix is optimal mix for Coolant?

Your temps at 39*C are just fine. That's what my P4 running both threads at 100% is at. Don't double up the COOL (green) fluid. 1 bottle COOL fluid and 3 bottles distilled water, is the best working mix.

The whole purpose to water cool was so I can overclock my proc to 2.7. Without High Temperatures. I managed to overclock it to that speed even with Thermaltake fan, but temperatures where kinda high. But I am not sure that 2 7800GTXs will let me do it. Main GPU creates lotsa heat, especially when play Oblivion. I think I have to buy this and this and order it along with watercooling in order to keep it pretty cool no matter is it summer or winter.

Archived