Corsair Community

Help with RAM Problem

SolusMS

I have 8 computers and 16 sticks of memory. I have ran Memtest 86 on all 16 one at a time and 12 work good by themselves. 4 were bad and I'll ignore them for now. Out of the 12 that are good. If I run them by themselves they are all okay on all pcs, if I run memtest86 on two sticks together they fail. So they are okay by themselves, but fail when they are used together. I have eight that will not play together nicely.

Please Help

I originally thought it was another problem also. However it is only a group of 6 out of 18 sticks that has this problem. I can place two other good sticks of the exact same brand and they work fine without problem.

I'm not sure which Bios settings you want, but I will try to include as many as I can think pertinent. Please let me know if you would like a different one.

Advanced Chipset Features

- DRAM Clock/Drive Control

-- Current FSB Freq 133MHZ

-- Current DRAM Freq 200MHz

-- DRAM Clock By SPD

-- DRAM Timing Auto by SD

-- SDRAM CAS Latency 2.5/4

-- Bank INterleave Disabled

-- Precharge to Active (Trp) 4T

-- Active to Precharge (Tras) 07T

-- Active to CMD (Trcd) 4T

-- REF to ACT/REF (Trfc) 21T

-- ACT(0) to Act (1) (TRRD) 3T

On one of the PC's I fixed the problem by lowering the Active to Precharge (Tras) from 07T to 08T. However that didn't work with the remaning 6 sticks.

I also have 4 sticks that fail flat out.

Thanks for all of your help. I apologize to sound like a newbie, but I am when it comes to playing with the timing. However I thought 2.5 - 4 - 4 - 7 was slower than 2.5-3-3-7 am I wrong?

Also just to verify what I found online is true.

Does x-x-x-x = Cas-Trcd-Trp-Tras?

• Corsair Employees

You can use these for reference.

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

Dude you ROCK!

That was the key. My BIOS didn't give me the ability to change the Voltage. However it did allow me to change the frequency. Telling me what the resulting frequency should be, allowed me to make the working change. Thanks for all your help.

Archived