Corsair Community

K8N Neo Platinum and CMX1024-3200C2PT

STRiDOR

Hi All,

I recently picked up the CMX1024-3200C2PT to combine with the 2xCMX512-3200C2 I have already installed. The memory timing are the same, so I thought I would have no problems... But of course, life is never that easy.

After my computer not posting with the 1gb stick in slot 3, I tried switching it around.. no good. I then took out my 2x512 modules, and only putting in the 1gig stick.. Still no post.. In all three slots the 1gig stick would not post in my system! Put back my 512's, no problem. Corair says the ram is compatible with my mobo, so does msi, but it doesn't seem it is. Could it be bad ram or am I missing something?

Many thanks in advance!

STRiDOR

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but you cannot mix memory with this MB, this is a limitation of the memory controller in the CPU. And either module is compatible with this MB but you may not be able to mix them.

Really? Man, that sucks. Hmm, now whether to be happy with getting one more 512 stick for 1.5gb of ram or buy another 1gb stick and sell my 2x512...

Any idea on why I can't post though with *only* the 1gig stick in the mobo? No mixing there. That one threw me off. If I can't get that working then 3x512 may be my only option.

Thoughts?

STRiDOR

Archived