Corsair Community

DFI Lan Party UT RDX200 CF-DR and 4 x 1 Gig Twinx 2048 3200C2PT Modules

psygnosi

Hi Ram Guy,

I just bought 4 1 Gig sticks of your twinx2048 3200C2PT Modules for my DFI Lan Party UT RDX200 CF-DR. The modules work as advertised at 6-3-3-2 1T DDR400 but had to go 2.80v to become stable(Memtest passed 24/7). 2.75v was giving wierd blue screen errors and memtest failed on test 5. Should I leave it at 2.80v or should I drop it down to 2.60v at 6-3-3-2.5 1T(Also stable but performance hit). These modules rock!

Sincerely,

Psygnosi:D:

With 4 modules you should be running 2t Command Rate and I would leave the voltage at 2.8 Volts!

But isn't 2T also a performance hit as well? This is probably the only motherboard that can run 4 1 gig sticks at 1T. Thats why I bought this board with a AMD X2 4400+(Toledo core). I used to own a Asus A8N-E but it ran 4 1 Gig sticks at 2T(NForce 4).

Thanks for the fast response.

Psygnosi:o:

• Corsair Employees

Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be dependant on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this setting up on http://www.rojakpot.com and get a better explanation.

This is a limitation of the memory controller in the CPU, but if its stable at 1T then its your system, But I really doubt it will be stable long term.

This is a limitation of the memory controller in the CPU, but if its stable at 1T then its your system, But I really doubt it will be stable long term.

I ran prime 95 24/7, Memtest 24/7, World of Warcraft, Quake 4, Doom 3, FEAR, Serious Sam II, NFS Most Wanted, Oblivion, Guild Wars, D&D Stormreach, Dragonshard, etc. without any problems at the 1T setting. Using a Sapphire 1900XTX as well. Now I am wondering how has DFI been able to pull this off? From the info that you gave me it should be impossible to run at 1T.

Thanks for the fast response again,

Psygnosi:D:

That's amazing psygnosi, 1T with 4gig. Looks like DFI and ATI got something the nForce can't seem to get going I hope this trend stays on with their future motherboards.

I wonder if I can get my 4 512 sticks to run 1T with that board. We shall see.;):

Archived