Corsair Community

I need some advise please

welitlchic

Hopefully you can read somewhere what i am running for a system. Seesings how i had to add it when i joind at registration.

The question is. I am looking fort a complete water cooling kit for the processor/memory and 2 video cards. Anyone have any suggestions?

If you dont see anywhere what i have for a system. Reply here and i will post it.

Thanx in advance,

ChiC

The majority of water cooling kits on the market today are setup for only cpu cooling out of the box. If you want to cool your memory and video cards also, you will need to buy the extra water blocks and integrate them into your exsisting water cooling kit.

system memory cooling is over kill unless your going for extreme OverClock's, silent 80mm fan placed near will be good enough also the Vreg's need air flow.

for video heatsinks use the stick on, just clean the chip well B4 putting on.for WB that cools memory no need for these(DangerDen)

Also, if you are going to water cool the CPU and 2 video cards, I would suggest going with a dual 120mm fan radiator. The single 120mm fan radiators that come with most kits will be real close to if not at max heat transfer with that much heat being put into the water system.

I got all my toys. And have decided after i looked at everything i realized i have to modify the existing video cards, motherboard (memory/ram has built in cooling fins on it) (dont think i deed cooling there:sigh!:). The video cards come with built in fans under a case and the motherboard has this funky copper tubing going to my gpu (M.B. chipset). I would have to remove that to run liquid cooling .

Geesh i am so confused now.

Last question guyz....... Should i run XP Home or XP Pro?

I don't do much but game/dl music/visit websites/play around with our website

etc.

What would the difference be for gaming purposes. would Pro make anything on the gaming end differ?

Hopefully you will get back to me in a couple of hours. Cuz i will be breaking this pc down. I may set up the other one i have for the time being. If i start Joanzin.

Thanx Guyz.

Archived