Corsair Community

I was sold some bad RAM

TheRich

Hey guys,

FIrstly, I'm no tech junkie, so don't expect me to know all the lingo.

Now; Upon building myself a nice new rig, I buy a gig of ram from eBay, under a seller that claims to be Australian.

It came from USA. Brand new of course, but the RAM does not work. How do I know this? My brother, who bough from another person, has the EXACT same type, yet his worked perfectly in my new system (which, sadly, is open next to me)

It's the RAM. And the damn people that sold it to me refuse to exchange or refund.

This RAM, in a certified corsair package, has a warranty guaranteed. Do I request an RMA then await their instructions for an exchange?

NOTE: I am %110 sure it's the RAM. I've tried my brother's Corsair RAM, and it worked fine.

-TheRich

• Corsair Employees
They as a reseller would need to provide you with an invoice, with their Company name and logo on it, not an eBay invoice. And then you can contact our customer service and see what they say. It will be their decision. 888-222-4346 and Dial "0" that will take u right to them.

Oh and RAM Guy, I've taken it up with RMA Express. Got my number, and it's all packed up and ready to mail.

I included a note in the RMA Express form of it coming from a reseller, and a link.

Say, this may seem like the wrong spot to ask this, but how many RMAs do corsair fulfill each day?

Do you mean TSXPress? Without the invoice as per Ram Guy's instructions, I'd guess it would be denied. I'd STRONGLY recommend to contact their Cust Support, if not by phone then by email, before you send the memory in.

Also, they won't answer a question like that. Proprietary info.

Do you mean TSXPress? Without the invoice as per Ram Guy's instructions, I'd guess it would be denied. I'd STRONGLY recommend to contact their Cust Support, if not by phone then by email, before you send the memory in.

Also, they won't answer a question like that. Proprietary info.

I'm inserting a note, including a link to the eBay page. Would that suffice?

Archived