Corsair Community

Giga-Byte GA-K8NXP-SLI & 4GB

codemaster

Hi all,

Iam currently researching parts for my new pc build and i always go with corsair my problem is that i see alot of posts all over saying thatit is not possible to run 4GB in duel channel and the max i would get is around 333mhz.

Giga-Byte GA-K8NXP-SLI is my choice of board and will be a pure gaming machine so i need 4gb and low lantency if possible, i was hoping to fit Corsair Memory TWINX2048 - 3200C2PT XMS3200 2x1GB 2x184DIMM CAS2 but im not100% sure i can fit 4gb running full speed.

Any ideas or suggestions for 4gb low lantecy with this board would be helpful.

Code out........

You can run 4gb in dual channel but, it may in fact revert to DDR333. But, the biggest problem is how much memory the OS can see and use. Unless you use a server OS or 64 bit Windows you will see a maximum of 3.2gb. And, with 4 DIMMs most likely you will have to raise latencies.

Just curious, what makes you think you "need" 4gb of memory. Do you intend to run a game server off the same rig you play on?

Mike.

If you are going to try to get 4gb to run nice for gaming and for editing, I"d suggest either the PC3500LL Pro or the PC4400 2gb kits. With either of those you will be able to get good bus speed if you intend to OC and you can run tight latencies which will help your gaming. But, keep in mind, you may still have to run the latencies higher than the rated latencies as you will have 4 DIMMs.

Mike .

Archived