Corsair Community

Bad Ram???

tritonj

I recently bought some TwinX 2GB PC3200PT, and since then I have gotten BSODs anytime I run multiple applications that require large amounts of RAM, such as Photoshop and WoW. It will also crash if running multiple instances of WoW. Sometimes the BSOD happens immediately, sometimes it happens after 30 minutes. I put my old RAM back into the computer, which was Kingston HyperX 1GB PC3200, and the system has no problems doing any of the above tasks or anything thing else and has not crashed at all.

My settings for the RAM were 3-3-3-8, which as I understand are the default settings. The voltage I have tried at 2.6, 2.65, 2.7, and 2.8. I'm running an Athon64 X2 3800+ on an Abit KN8 SLI and I have an Ennermax 485W Noisetaker.

Nothing on the computer is overclocked.

If there is something you think I should try before doing the RMA, I am more than happy to try it. If you need any additional information please let me know.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS3200C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

This is odd, I'm having the exact same problem with World of Warcraft. Everything works perfectly until I decide to run a second instance. It will run fine for about 5-10 minutes, then crash out. Sometimes with a blue screen, sometimes without.

I've got the TWINX2048-3200C2PT kit. Other than that, I haven't really noticed a problem (althought, I don't really use anything else that requires large amounts of RAM). Were you able to resolve your problem? Did new RAM modules correct it?

Archived