Corsair Community

A8N-SLI Deluxe and Twinx 1024XL Issue

Hello!

And thank you for this great forum!

My problem is that I can,t get my memory to run at DDR400 with 1T Command Rate. They work very well with 2T timings though. When I set the timings to 2-2-2-5-1T@2,80V I manage to get to test #8 in memtest but thats as far as it will go. I´m also able to boot into windows but as soon as I start any demanding applications it becomes very unstable.

My sys-spec:

A8N-SLI Deluxe rev. 1.02 (bios1016)

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Winchester)@default vcore

Corsair Twinx1024 3200XL PRO @2,80V

Gainward 7800GTX GS @ 474/1400

Antec Neo 480

I guess there could be somthing wrong with the memory but after reading posts in countless of forums I´ve come to the conclution that it is my motherboard that is faulty, or at least incompatible and therefor ordered a new one (A8N32-SLI Deluxe). I will let you now how it works out with the now board in a couple of days.

In the meantime if anybody have a different idea of where the problem might lie please tell me.

Any help appreciated.

Regards / Slynmaster

Test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure one is not failing.

Thanks for the reply!

Tried one at a time and it turned out that one module got errors:[pouts:

Ran memtest again just to be sure, also switched modules twice with same result. When in test #5 one module gets about 35-45 errors every time. The other module works fine.

Is it faulty because of these errors?

Yes, I did set it to 2.8 while running memtest.

Been running memtest a few times more to determine at what timings it is still stable, but the difference between the two modules are too great for me. I´m running on module for now:/. BTW I´m now able to run the working module at 215Mhz 2-2-2-5-1T stable. New record for me:P

I will speak to my local retailer tomorrow and ask if they will replace it.

Thanks again for great support!

:biggrin:

Well I´ve got one more question.

My local retailer doesn´t have my model anymore but he suggested that I choose a different model, maybe even a 2GB kit. What model would you suggest I get for best possible preformance on the ASUS A8N32?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

I build my system with 1 set of twinx1024 3200XL-Pro chips, the ones with the activity led's.

But a couple of days ago i got another set to get a total of 2GB, a much nicer amount for vista.

All the modules are working perfect, except for one little thing:

There is 1 module of which the activity led's are constantly burning, while all the other three show identical activity.

The modules are working on my Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe mobo, so they are all running in dual channel mode.

I swiched modules to see if that would solve the problem, but the one where the led's are all constantly on, stays the same.

So, if you could think of any reason, other than that single module has some kind of error, and any solution other than replacing the new set, please let me know!!!

Other question, what are the best settings to use the 4 modules? speed, voltage, times etc?

(I have a AMD Althon64 X2 4800+)

Archived