Corsair Community

TWINX3200LLPT and CMX3200LLPT in a A7N8X Deluxe mobo

a59cheffy

Hi,

I am a total noob here! I searched all over these forums to answer my question, but alas, resorting to this....

Back in 2003 I purchased a set of TWINX512-3200LLPT's, in 2005 I purchased a single CMX512-3200LLPT. I wanted to trade in my set of TWIN's and get a 1 or 2 gig set, but when I search vendors for the matching model #'s they specify registered memory instead.

Did I make a mistake and buy registered memory to begin with or did the part numbers change in the last year or so?

btw, I have a Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo. Seems to work ok...but have noticed a system wide slow down after installing the CMX, thought it was software related all this time.

Thanks for replying you guys!! So, I didn't buy registred memory by mistake back then? Cause' when I look it up on the Corsair site the model #'s correspond with registered memory. Although it does have the "RE" designation in the model #.

Thanks again for the help!!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys, purchased TWINX2048-3200c2 memory yesterday, along with a new BFG 7800GS for my "aging" AGP system. Hope this lasts awhile......:biggrin:

You should be good for atleast 30 days. :o:

I can't believe how fast new stuff is coming out these days and how quick parts go EOL.:(:

Seems like yesterday I had a Zenith Intel 8088 with 540kb of ram.....:biggrin:

Yeh, I am holding out on the SLI and Dual Core upgrade for awhile until all the software catches up, but by that time we will have Quad core and 128 bit tech!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH........:eek:

Archived