Corsair Community

Your ram sucks

tomcat655

Bought the xms 3200c2p 2gb kit a couple weeks ago, and everything crashed soon after install. Ran memtest and hundreds of errors were detected. RMA'ed it and just got replacement. Everything seemed fine, sent in for rebate and next day same crap happened again. More errors found with memtest. This is the first ram from Corsair that I have used in a build and WILL be my LAST! What kind of crappy (lack there of) quality control exists with your "high-end" ram that two sets of ram in a row are defective. This is horrible, and I must now spend more money to return the ram and wait for replacement to be sent and pray it is not defective! My cheap Ultra ram has never given a problem and runs admirably, I believe I will stick with it in the future. :evil:

• Corsair Employees
We don’t want any one to have trouble but it does happen. And if you have went thru two sets of modules and have the same problem there must be some other cause. All of our XMS modules are tested on a MB at their rated speed before they leave our factory. Please see XMS Qualification and Testing! However with out knowing more details there is no way to know for sure what the problem might be!.

My CPU and RAM settings in BIOS are all set to auto detect. I have no special setups or overclocking as of yet. CPU is running at its stock 2200mhz. The RAM boots up to its out of the box timings and speed. I'm able to change it to its 2-3-3-6 timings without any problems. The 3200c2p crashes at both stock and and modified timings. Memtest reports errors copying between word pairs. My system has no problem with any other RAM and the 3200c2p has the same problems in my other systems. I have also seen many of the same complaints on other message boards.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS3200C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Did you RMA them to Corsair or to where you bought the memory?

Also, wouldn't be surprised if setting the memory to the correct voltage fixes the issue. FYI, they're warrantied up to, but not over, 2.90 volts.

Archived