Corsair Community

Easy Way to Drain Corsair COOL?

convexion

I need to place the Cool in a new system. Is there a simple way to drain it? I don't see any documentation on draining the system. This is my first water cooling kit so I'm pretty clueless as to a safe and clean way to get the coolant out. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

The method I would use: Place the PC next to the kitchen sink; if you've left enough slack in the tubing, you should be able to hang the pump out of the case over the sink and either cut off one of the tubes next to the pump; or release the clamp and pull the tubing off. Gravity, and the syphon effect, will drain the majority of the fluid from the system. If you need to save the fluid for use again in the next system; drain it into a clean bottle or quart jar.

The method I would use: Place the PC next to the kitchen sink; if you've left enough slack in the tubing, you should be able to hang the pump out of the case over the sink and either cut off one of the tubes next to the pump; or release the clamp and pull the tubing off. Gravity, and the syphon effect, will drain the majority of the fluid from the system. If you need to save the fluid for use again in the next system; drain it into a clean bottle or quart jar.

note water don't run up hill (no pump working)

place the case laid with MB bottom towards the ceiling with old books on each corner to rise, an do above stated

Did I miss something ... or is Kapt Krunch making fun of me and my suggestion ?? If the pump is in the bottom of the case and not sticky taped in place; putting it over the open edge of the case and over the sink; then opening one of the tubings that connect at the pump WILL drain the system. You don't need compressed air or the pump turned on; gravity and the syphon effect will do the job ... the pump has to be at the LOWEST point tho. The fluid will drain from the pump and from the disconnected tubing. If you have loops in some of the connected tubing; you may need to manipulate them to drain the remainder out of the loops.

lhyde,

I do not believe that KC is making fun of you or anyone really. :biggrin: English is a second language for him. Sometimes he comes off too harsh and abruptly to get his point across. :sigh!: Other times, what he wants to say comes out just the opposite. :[pouts: Don't let that jolt you any.

I don't have a COOL product, so draining it would be something useful to know about.

Stev

Archived