Corsair Community

A8N SLI Deluxe 2.0 with 2 gig (all banks) XMS512 4400C25PT ????

aviljoen

I just got another 2 modules to add to my existing 4400c25pt modules, on installing the modules to fill all 4 banks, the system will not boot at all, I have read that I need to drop the fsb to 333 to get it to work but that has failed.

Please can someone advise on how to get the motherboard to work with all 4 banks full of the same version XMS512 4400C25PT modules.

Many thanks

"LX"

As long as all 4 sticks are the same revision/version, you'll need to set the command rate to 2T. If the version numbers match on the sticks, you may be able to run them at 400mghz, depending on which bios version your using. I'm using 1007.

Does each set work by themselves in the board? If you're sure the version numbers match on all four sticks, ala "xms4400v?.?" then that san diego core should be able to run the four sticks on that board. You might want to raise the ddr voltage a bit , in the Bios-Advanced-JumperFree Configuration-ddr voltage-set it to 2.7-2.8volts (nothing over 2.9volts, voids warantee). Also, in the Bios, under Boot-Boot Settings Configuration-set "quick boot" to disabled. This will force the bios to look for and update it's stored values. Once it's found new values to store the quick boot option can be re-enabled with the four sticks running after a reboot. Good luck.

ps: I'm using 2.7volts for ddr voltage, some have found 2.75 or 2.8 was the "magic" value with this board and four matched sticks.

Just installed all 4 modules (all xms4400v1.1)

System boots to where the bios displays the cpu and its speed but then just hangs there. Cannot get into bios at all, totally dead.

I remove the 2 modules I have added and the system is fine, I have set the DDR voltage to 2.8 and quick boot disabled.

Any ideas?

If you've tried each set in slots 1 and 3 an the system and it runs fine with either set (to eliminate the possibility of a bad stick), I'd try running a pair alone in slots 2 and 4, the other dual channel possibility. If it fails to run then it's likely the board has a problem as Ram Guy mentioned. If it does run, then it's possible either the board has a problem running four sticks or the memory controller on the cpu is having a problem running the four sticks. Those are the only possibilities I can see as our systems are very similar- nearly identical cpu's, same board, plenty of power, and matched sets of ram-the four should run. Sorry but there're aren't any other bios changes that will force them to run.

Archived