Corsair Community

TWINX1024-3200C2PT Bad?

shllshck

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+

RAM: 1GB TWINX1024-3200C2PT

Video Card: XFX 6800 GS

I had no problem booting into Windows and running 3DMark05 with ram timings at 2.5-3-3-6 1T and 2-3-3-6 1T both with auto voltage setting in BIOS. I did have stability issues in one of my games.

I tried running the mem at 2.5-3-3-6 1T with a set voltage of 2.7V. I still had stability issues in my game so I tried running at 2.5-3-3-6 1T but at 2.75V. However, with this setting 3DMark05 would crash out. I didn't even bother to run my game. Instead I went to shut down. But when I powered down to change my mem settings, on reboot my system wouldn't post.

I haven't been able to get my system to post since. I've tried booting up with only 1 of the dimms in place and I've tried this with both pieces but the system still won't post. I've tried clearing the CMOS but that didn't help either.

Could both pieces of my TWINX set have died?

I wasn't able to test my ram in another system, however, I was able to get my computer to post using a single stick of 256 MB PC2700 ram. Once back into BIOS I was able to restore my default BIOS settings.

Using TSEXpress, Corsair has since provided me with an RMA number and I have sent my TWINX set back for testing/replacement.

I finally received the replacement TWINX modules today. The RMA department did a good job getting the replacement out right away once the bad ones were marked "received", but the receiving department took a week to process before the RMA department could do anything else. That would be my one complaint. I'll have the replacement modules tested tonight.

• Corsair Employee
O.K. Thank you for letting me know and I will pass that on to the shipping manager and see if there is some reason it took so long. But normally RMA'a are processed with in 24-48 hours after they have been received, and when there has been a delay like that in the past its usually because of lack of inventory in finished goods. And probably the reason it took a few more days.

Ram Guy,

Corsair received my bad memory via FedEx 2nd day air on Monday, February 27th. According to Tina M. from the RMA department, the memory wasn't actually marked as "received" until Monday, March 6th. The RMA department then processed my order that same day and the replacement was sent out that night.

So basically my memory sat around for a week before it was marked as "received". That appears to be where the delay is at.

Thanks though for looking into this as I'm sure most of us enthusiasts are very anxious to get our replacement memory to get our systems back up and running. Overall, I'm quite pleased with Corsair and the RMA process. Now to test my replacement memory...

The system and all games and programs have been running perfectly now. So I can conclude my system is completely stable. Ram is currently at 2-3-3-6 1T. I'm definitely very pleased with my Corsair TWINX set and am overall very satisfied with the level of customer service Corsair has provided. Thank you Ram Guy.

Archived