Corsair Community

Setup help for TWINX1024-4000PRO

Niexa77

recently bought a set of twinx1024-4000pro for use the bench'n machine im building, put it in my current rig and couldnt get it to work at stock settings, tried one dimm in (with both dimm's) and tried different slot possitions, also tried 250mhz fsb and relaxed multiplyer but mem controller couldnt handle it(or from what i can gather)

current rig:

-antec true control (cant remember wattage, been one of those weeks,the biggest one available december 2005)

-AMD X2 4400+

-MSI K8N Neo4 plat

-msi x300se graphics

i did manage to get it to work on 3-4-4-10 with anything under 233 (wouldnt post@233, or would post then not get past pci bus list(the box thing with irq's)

i am on my way to do a bios update now, for the meantims i have my twinx1024-3200xl's back in, will check back here afterwards and ammend this post if its working...

recently bought a set of twinx1024-4000pro for use the bench'n machine im building, put it in my current rig and couldnt get it to work at stock settings, tried one dimm in (with both dimm's) and tried different slot possitions, also tried 250mhz fsb and relaxed multiplyer but mem controller couldnt handle it(or from what i can gather)

current rig:

-antec true control (cant remember wattage, been one of those weeks,the biggest one available december 2005)

-AMD X2 4400+

-MSI K8N Neo4 plat

-msi x300se graphics

i did manage to get it to work on 3-4-4-10 with anything under 233 (wouldnt post@233, or would post then not get past pci bus list(the box thing with irq's)

i am on my way to do a bios update now, for the meantims i have my twinx1024-3200xl's back in, will check back here afterwards and ammend this post if its working...

i have a asus a8v deluxe hi fi r2.0 + 4800 (wont go past 230fsb) cpu does goes to 260 12x

just order same revision to get 4 stick (did test with geeric ram ddr400 work ok with 4 stick (mem86+ tested) (had to change from auto to specific settings. but it work. will pist res with 4 sticks in a few days:bigeyes:

Archived